Daycare, Free Chlorine, 2000ppm
Daycare regulations require testing chlorine concentrations for both sanitizing & disinfecting. Indigo brand 0-2000ppm chlorine test strips do both for only $15.95 per 100 strips. Minimum 2 year shelf life if stored properly.
Use our free Chlorine Bleach Dilution Calculator to take out the guesswork.
Current Reviews: 2
The color chart has ranges for sanitization (50-200ppm) & disinfection (500-800ppm). 800ppm is considered the maximum level for child safety in the event of ingestion.
You can use our bleach dilution calculator to correctly calculate the amount of bleach & water needed to prepare the ppm levels indicated above. This calculator will allow for any concentration of chlorine bleach to be used to prepare a sanitizing/disinfecting solution but in this instance the video shows an 8.25% solution diluted to produce 650ppm (the midway point of 500-800ppm for disinfection as shown on the color chart).
Note: the video below has references to our original domain, indigo.com. Please ignore and bookmark us at www.indigoinstruments.com.
Note(1): If vial is properly stoppered, strips have a 2 year shelf life.
Note(2): These strips measure free (available) chlorine
Note(3): The number of strips per pack or vial is approximate.
The following table shows how much bleach is needed to make up different concentrations of disinfectant based on an initial concentration of 5% (most store bought bleach sold in North America is rated at 5.25% but loses strength with time).
- Choose a container large enough to hold the final amount of diluted bleach you want to make.
- Measure & pour into the container the amount of 5% (initial) chlorine bleach you need.
- Fill the container with water to the level of the Final Volume.
- For concentrations other than 5%, use our Dilution Calculator to determine what you need.
- If you are unfamiliar with millilitres (mL), you can use this Metric to American volume converter.
- If you don't have the exact measuring tool, round up not down. i.e. for 47.5ml use a 1/4 cup.
|Amount of 5% Chlorine Bleach to Make Final Volume|
|0.23||0.9||2.25||3.6||225ml (US cup)|
|0.95||3.8||9.5||15.2||950ml (US Quart)|
|3.8||15.2||38||60.8||3.8L (US Gal.)|
- Note: If vial is properly stoppered, strips have a 2 year shelf life.
- Note: These strips measure free (available) chlorine
- Note: The number of strips per pack or vial is approximate.
You can view the structure of the chemical indicator for this strip by clicking on: 3,3’,5,5’ – tetramethylbenzidine.
5 Stars 2019-05-13
Excellent website, and quick delivery. Very happy with service.
5 Stars 2017-10-10
-Sr. Paul Mary
I ordered this product for my child care center. The order arrived quickly and the product worked well.